The Shop

It's your land. You should be able to do what you want with it. Right?

Not really. Every municipality in Alberta is required to have a Land Use Bylaw that prescribes what type of activities are allowed on every parcel of land within its borders. It's often called "zoning".

And it makes a lot of sense. It's what stops factories from being built between two homes. It's what creates great communities where citizens can best live, work and play.

If you want to understand your land use or change it, we can help. If you want to find a property on which you can carry out your business, we can help. Contact us if you'd like to discuss your options.

If your land is currently in The Shop, you can log in here to see the status of your application.